We Pioneered Incentive Based Recycling in 2002:.
Founded in 2002, GRC Wireless is the pioneer of Incentive Based RecyclingSM, a recycling system designed to maximize the financial return to our participants. We believe that the only solution to sustainable, long term device recycling is strong financial incentive to the recycling entity. In short, the greater the financial reward to the recycling entity, the greater the incentive to continue the recycling effort. As such, we designed all aspects of our recycling model around this singular principle.
We have a unique three tier approach to Incentive Based RecyclingSM:
- TOP DOLLAR FOR SMARTPHONES & TABLETS — incentivizes the recycling of newer, fully functional devices.
- GREAT PRICES FOR DAMAGED & LOCKED DEVICES — incentivizes the recycling of damaged, locked & broken devices.
- PAYMENT FOR ALL CELL PHONES — incentivizes the recycling of flip phones, feature phones, and budget smartphones.
Our Incentive Based RecyclingSM philosophy has been the key to our 17 years of successful device recycling. GRC Wireless has responsibly recycled over 10 million devices since 2002, and our participants have earned tens of millions of dollars through our family of trade-in and recycling programs.
How We Recycle Your Devices:
After we receive, evaluate, and process your shipment, the devices are recycled in one of three ways, depending on the condition of the device:
- RE-USE: Fully functional devices are sold through our various “re-use” channels.We believe that device re-use is the essential first step in the electronics recycling process. Our primary mission is to provide quality used devices to wireless markets worldwide in need of affordable communication. By extending the life cycle of wireless devices, we simultaneously keep these devices out of landfills and maximize the value you’ll receive for your used mobile devices.
- RECLAMATION: Damaged & locked devices are sold ‘for parts’ to select refurbishment companies, who demanufacture the devices to reclaim the parts. This ‘parts reclamation’ process is another critical component to responsible electronics recycling, providing affordable parts and components to repair and refurbishment markets worldwide.
- REFINING: Outdated and severely damaged devices are shredded and smelted through a metals refining process. Through this “above ground mining” process, various precious metals and rare earth elements are refined and recovered.
Zero Landfill Environmental Policy:
SmartphoneRecycling.com, through our parent company GRC Wireless (EPA SITE ID # FLR000177725) has established a socially responsible, zero landfill environmental policy. Our policies are highlighted by the following: