We Take Our Environmental Commitment Seriously
How We Recycle Your Devices:After we receive, evaluate, and process your shipment, the devices are recycled in one of three ways, depending on the condition of the device:
- RE-USE: Fully functional devices are sold through our various “re-use” channels. We believe that device re-use is the essential first step in the electronics recycling process. Our primary mission is to provide quality used devices to wireless markets worldwide in need of affordable communication. By extending the life cycle of wireless devices, we simultaneously keep these devices out of landfills and maximize the value you’ll receive for your used devices.
- RECLAMATION: Damaged devices are sold 'for parts' to select refurbishment companies. This 'parts reclamation' process is another essential component to responsible electronics recycling, providing affordable repair parts and components to refurbishment markets worldwide.
- REFINING: Outdated and severely damaged devices are shredded and smelted through a metals refining process. Through this “above ground mining” process, various precious metals and rare earth elements are refined and reclaimed.
Environmental Policy:SmartphoneRecycling.com, through our parent company GRC Wireless (EPA SITE ID # FLR000177725) has established a socially responsible, zero landfill environmental policy. Our policies are highlighted by the following:
- ZERO LANDFILL FOR ALL ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS: No electronic products (handsets, batteries, accessories, boards and components) processed through our recycling facility will be sent to solid waste landfills.
- FULL COMPLIANCE, FLORIDA HAZARDOUS & UNIVERSAL WASTE REGULATIONS. Site inspection was performed by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Click here for the Florida DEP Compliance Report
- NO E-WASTE REFINED IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES: No wireless e-waste (non-working handsets, batteries, and accessories) will be refined in developing countries. We will make every conceivable effort to ensure that all downstream refining operations meet all applicable environmental regulations.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY RECYCLING: Batteries are processed according to EPA guidelines for the proper disposal and recycling of rechargeable batteries.