SmartphoneRecycling.com, owned and operated by GRC Wireless, Inc. (hereinafter GRC WIRELESS) provides an online website for consumers, businesses, and organizations (hereinafter “PARTICIPANT”) to sell used cell phones, smartphones, and tablets (hereinafter “PRODUCT”). The use of SmartphoneRecycling.com is governed by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement (hereinafter “AGREEMENT”). Your use of this site and/or placement of a transaction indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this AGREEMENT.
ELIGIBILITY TO CONTRACT
SmartphoneRecycling.com is only available to PARTICIPANT(s) who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
PARTICIPANT must be the sole and rightful owner of the PRODUCT or have legal title to the PRODUCT. All PRODUCT must be free of any liens and/or claims by any third party. PARTICIPANT agrees to transfer all title and interest in the PRODUCT to GRC WIRELESS upon the receipt of PRODUCT at the GRC WIRELESS facility in Hollywood, Florida.
If PRODUCT is from a Lost & Found, PARTICIPANT agrees to comply with all applicable state or regional laws regarding the disposition of lost & unclaimed property, including compliance with applicable waiting periods and coordination with local law enforcement, if required. PARTICIPANT must have title to Lost & Found PRODUCT before shipping PRODUCT to GRC WIRELESS.
The value assigned to PRODUCT (hereinafter “PRICE”, “PRICES”, “VALUE” or “VALUATION”) are based on the cosmetic condition, functional condition, and activation lock status of PRODUCT, which is determined through various testing methodologies. The PRICES assigned to PRODUCT are solely determined by GRC WIRELESS and all PRICES are final. GRC WIRELESS will not be responsible for any discrepancy in PRODUCT models, quantities & conditions, regardless of reason or cause. The estimate prices for PRODUCT in damaged or locked condition are estimates only. PRODUCT with significant or excessive damage will be classified as “Beyond Economic Repair” and will receive a further reduced price, which may be significantly less than the damaged price estimate.
- COMPLIANT PRODUCT: PRODUCT must be a consumer smartphone, consumer cell phone, or consumer tablet. PRODUCT that does not fall in these three categories (hereinafter “NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT”) is not accepted by GRC WIRELESS unless approved in writing by GRC WIRELESS. NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT will not qualify for valuation and may subject PARTICIPANT to a freight chargeback, detailed below.
- NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT includes:
- Accessories: Loose batteries, chargers, ear buds, devices in retail boxes or other collateral items are classified as NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT.
- Extreme Damage: Devices with extreme damage, including a significant quantity of missing components, are classified as NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT.
- Components: Device components, shipped without an intact handset, are classified as NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT. Device components include LCD screens, devices housings and frames, motherboards, motherboard components and other devices components.
- FREIGHT CHARGEBACK: The shipment of NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT may subject PARTICIPANT to FREIGHT CHARGEBACK (the PARTICIPANT may be responsible for paying the cost of shipping NONCOMPLIANT PRODUCT). This determination will be made solely by GRC WIRELESS, and will take into account various factors (e.g. the percentage of PRODUCT that is NONCOMPLIANT). The FREIGHT CHARGEBACK may reduce the final payment to PARTICIPANT. Should the final valuation of the PARTICIPANT’S shipment be less than the FREIGHT CHARGEBACK, PARTICIPANT will be required to issue payment to GRC WIRELESS.
- MISSING BATTERIES: PRODUCT with missing batteries may significantly reduce the value of the item.
- WEBSITE PRICING PAGE: PRICES are available on our website SmartphoneRecycling.com. PRICES may be changed at any time without notice.
- LOW VALUE SHIPMENTS: If PARTICIPANT ships less than $5 in PRODUCT value, payment will not be issued. For shipments less than $5 in value, the PRODUCT will be responsibly recycled without payment to PARTICIPANT or communication back to PARTICIPANT. Shipments less than $5 in value fall under our “free recycling” service.
- LESS THAN 10 DEVICES: PARTICIPANT must ship a minimum of 10 devices. If PARTICIPANT ships less than 10 devices, payment may not be issued. PARTICIPANT reserves the exclusive right to withhold payment for shipments with less than 10 devices.
- CERTIFIED DATA ERASURE OPTION: If PARTICIPANT chooses the Certified Data Erasure option, the PRICES may be reduced by up to 40%.
- DONATION OPTION: If PARTICIPANT chooses to donate PRODUCT to benefit Operation Gratitude or other nonprofit organizations, payment will be issued by GRC WIRELESS directly to Operation Gratitude or the nonprofit organization. PARTICIPANT will receive a certificate detailing the shipment summary and proceeds issued to Operation Gratitude or nonprofit organization.
Once PRODUCT is received by GRC WIRELESS, it cannot be returned to PARTICIPANT. PARTICIPANT agrees to transfer all title and interest in the PRODUCT to GRC WIRELESS upon the receipt of PRODUCT at the GRC WIRELESS / SmartphoneRecycling.com facility in Hollywood, Florida. PARTICIPANT expressly acknowledges & understands that GRC Wireless will not contact PARTICIPANT after reviewing PRODUCT and assigning PRICES. Furthermore, GRC Wireless will not report back serial numbers (IMEI, MEID, or ESN) to PARTICIPANT.
GRC WIRELESS will not be liable for any damages or loss of shipment during any mode of transit, regardless of whether PARTICIPANT used the GRC WIRELESS FedEx Prepaid labels. PARTICIPANT is free to arrange shipping at his/her own expense, and insure any shipment accordingly.
It is the responsibility of the PARTICIPANT to discontinue service on PRODUCT sold to GRC WIRELESS before initiating a transaction. GRC WIRELESS is not responsible for previous or subsequent airtime charges accrued prior, during, or after any transaction. Should any airtime charges be accrued, it is the responsibility of the PARTICIPANT and service provider to resolve payment issues.
GRC WIRELESS will report to the proper authorities and if required, surrender to the proper authorities any PRODUCT that has stored on it illegal data, including but not limited to child pornography and any evidence of illegal activity.
PERSONAL DATA IN DEVICES
GRC WIRELESS recommends that PARTICIPANT remove all personal data from PRODUCT, including but not limited to address book entries, text messages, pictures, and emails. Additionally, GRC WIRELESS recommends that PARTICIPANT remove any SIM Cards and memory cards, if applicable.
Standard Data Erasure: Under the GRC WIRELESS Standard Data Erasure option, which is the default option for all PARTICIPANT(S), GRC WIRELESS will use reasonable efforts to factory reset devices; however, GRC WIRELESS does not guarantee that it will erase data in PRODUCT. Furthermore, GRC WIRELESS may employ select third party customers to perform the data erasure on selected models, particularly older wireless devices and DOA (“Dead on Arrival” or “No Power”) devices, and that process will not be supervised, monitored or guaranteed by GRC WIRELESS. PARTICIPANT expressly acknowledges and accepts that GRC WIRELESS may sell PRODUCT to third party customers without first erasing data in PRODUCT.
Certified Data Erasure: Under the GRC WIRELESS Certified Data Erasure option, which must be selected electronically by PARTICIPANT during the sign up process (if available), GRC WIRELESS will use best efforts to factory reset devices or ensure the device is physically destroyed; however, GRC WIRELESS does not guarantee that it will erase data in PRODUCT.
Factory Reset Specifics: Under both our Standard Data Erasure and Certified Data Erasure options, PARTICIPANT expressly acknowledges that the factory reset process, if performed, will not include the removal of an activation lock (e.g. Apple iCloud lock, Google lock, DEP lock, Remote Management lock, Kindle registration.) PARTICIPANT expressly acknowledges that GRC WIRELESS may sell or transfer PRODUCT containing an activation lock.
Default Option: Our default option is the Standard Data Erasure option. PARTICIPANT must affirmatively choose Certified Data Erasure to receive the benefits of this option.
PARTICIPANT agrees to release GRC WIRELESS from any claim as to the data stored in PRODUCT, or data stored in SIM cards or media cards used with the PRODUCT, or for such data’s security, confidentiality, disclosure or use. GRC WIRELESS is not responsible for a) any loss suffered by PARTICIPANT due to any data that is not erased or removed from PRODUCT, or (b) any loss of data after PARTICIPANT submitted the PRODUCT to GRC WIRELESS.
We recommend that any PARTICIPANT, with concerns about data security on their devices, factory reset PRODUCT before shipping PRODUCT to GRC WIRELESS.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
GRC WIRELESS may void any transaction at any time during the trade-in process. If GRC WIRELESS elects to void a transaction, the PRODUCT will be RETURNED to PARTICIPANT.
COMMUNICATION & EMAILS
GRC WIRELESS will send periodic emails to PARTICIPANT. PARTICIPANT agrees to receive such emails, although PARTICIPANT may “opt out” of emails at anytime through the “unsubscribe” option on the email. GRC WIRELESS will not sell or disseminate PARTICIPANT emails to any third party company or organization.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
PARTICIPANT agrees that SmartphoneRecycling.com, their affiliates and partners, will not have any liability to PARTICIPANT in excess of the PRICES to the PRODUCT. In no way will GRC WIRELESS, SmartphoneRecycling.com, their affiliates and partners be liable for any indirect, consequential, punitive, incidental, special, or exemplary damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, even if GRC WIRELESS was advised of the possibility of such damages arising out of this AGREEMENT and PARTICIPANT’s use of GRC WIRELESS.
PARTICIPANT hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GRC WIRELESS against any and all liability, claims, suits, losses, costs and legal fees caused by, arising out of, or resulting from any intentional, reckless, or negligent act or omission of PARTICIPANT in the use of SmartphoneRecycling.com.
GRC WIRELESS may amend this agreement at any time without notice. Any amendments will be posted to this website, and will be effective immediately after they are posted.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
GRC WIRELESS may temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate PARTICIPANT use of SmartphoneRecycling.com if PARTICIPANT: (i) breaches this Agreement, (ii) provides us with false information or we are unable to authenticate any information provided, or (iii) infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
Your use of SmartphoneRecycling.com may be terminated or suspended by us if you do not comply with this Agreement, our policies and procedures, or for any other reason we determine, in our sole discretion, is necessary.
PARTICIPANT and GRC WIRELESS will operate under this Agreement as independent contractors, and the relationship in no way constitutes or gives rise to a partnership, joint venture, or agency relationship between the parties.
This AGREEMENT shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to the conflicts of laws and principles thereof.